1. A brief about Apsona by Salesforce
Apsona for Salesforce is a paid app ($450 for 3 users per year) that can be installed from the Salesforce AppExchange. This can be used for Multi-Step reporting, create calendar views, perform mass update/delete operations, generate documents in excel, word and pdf format via addons.
Below is a list of functionalities provided by Apsona-Fast data entry screens
- Highly reactive interface – just like a desktop app
- Refined filtering and reporting
- Fields from all related objects can be used for filters and reports
- “Exception” filters and reports (e.g., find all accounts that have no opportunities)
- Multiple views of your data: editable grids, lists with tabs, calendars
- Mass update of filtered data: update any number of records in one click
- Mass add-to-campaign: add any number of leads/contacts to a campaign in one click
- Mass email
- Built-in import, update and upsert features
- Import with automatic lookup across objects instead of VLOOKUP
- Trend analysis with real-time ad-hoc reports
Add-ons available for-
- Document and email generation from any object, with data merged into Excel, Word or Email
- Creating charts, dashboards and pivot tables via a simple drag-and-drop interface, directly within Salesforce
- For non-profits: Batch gift entry add-on
2. Current scenario or reports in salesforce and the need for Apsona
- Joined reports cannot be used for adding members to campaign. Add to campaign button is disabled for joint reports
- The report builder preview shows a maximum of 20 rows for summary and matrix reports, and 50 rows for tabular.
- You can’t have more than 250 groups or 4,000 values in a chart.
- Reports display a maximum of 2,000 rows printable view displays a maximum of 20,000 rows, to view more export it to an excel.
- Matrix reports display a maximum of 400,000 summarized values.
- Matrix reports that return more than 2,000 rows don’t show details.
- By default, reports time out after 10 minutes.
- In a joined report, each block can have up to 100 columns. A joined report can have up to 5 blocks.
3. Installing and configuring Apsona from AppExchange
Step 1- go to the https://appexchange.salesforce.com/ link and search ‘Apsona’ in the search bar on the top left corner
Step 2- click on the app with name ‘Apsona for salesforce’ and click on ‘get it now’ button
Step 3- click on ‘login in to the AppExchange with your salesforce login credentials
Step 4- click on ‘install in production’
Step 5- accept the terms and click on ‘confirm and install’
Step 6- select the option as per your requirement
Step 7- you can view app details and user licenses available as per below
Step 8- Apsona welcome screen post-installation
Step 9- Repeat the above steps for installing ‘Apsona Multi-Step Reporting’ from app exchange
4. Creating Multi-Step reports
Step 1- Go to Apsona reports from the tab
Step 2- Click on reporting tools and click multi-step reports
Step 3- Click on new to generate a multi-step report
Step 4- Fill in the name and details, select the folder and click on add step
Step 5- Fill in the step name, select the object from the drop down list
Step 6- after entering details go to retrieved fields tab on the tab and select the corresponding field you want in the report and for matching with other objects
Step 7- selected fields will be shown as below
Step 8- after selecting the field click on linkages to set the matching rule. It will be disables for the 1st step of report as there is no other object selected to match details with
Step 9- repeat step 7 to 8 for contact and print object and select the linkages from the linkage tab to match the records
Step 10- Click on Save and Run. You can go to the more tools option at the top and select add to campaign desired. At most 50000 records can be added in one go.
5. Exporting reports
Step 1- Click on settings in the top horizontal panel and select Apsona items
Step 2- enter the report name in the search panel and hit enter. You will get a list of matching reports. Select the report you want to extract
Step 3- Select tools option on the side and click on export items. Your report will be downloaded in .dat extension