Capturing Leads through Facebook have already been a go to marketing strategy nowadays for any industry. Facebook lead ads makes the lead generation process easy. People can simply tap your ad and a form pops up – it’s already pre-populated with their Facebook contact information and ready to be sent directly to you. With just a few taps, they can get the information they want, and you generate a qualified lead for your business. Be it a new product launch, a feedback survey post purchase or a campaign launch, everyone needs to know who to reach, when to reach and how to reach their customers. You can get the who from Facebook leads feature captured via Facebook Ad Campaigns but the how and when needs more extensive tools like Salesforce Marketing Cloud to answer.
In this article I would be summarizing the Step by Step process of setting up a lead form in Facebook and getting the leads captured to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
1.Go to Your Facebook Account and create a new Business page for your account where you will be creating both Lead form and the Ad campaign to get those leads
2. Click on Create and then Page
3. Select the “Business or Brand”
4. Fill in the details and continue
5. Fill in the essentials details and make the page that reflects your brand category and should be appealing to your customers. Go to Publishing tools
6. Click on Draft Forms Library and then on create
7. Click on new form. Change the name on top to something relevant to your ad campaign
8. Select more volume in “Form Type” as chances of customers closing your form and moving forward increases exponentially with every extra step you add in collecting data
9. Select an intro along with a featured image which will be visible at the top in your form
10. In Questions section, give a headline. Email and Full name will be available by default. Select more fields if needed.
Click on Finish after reviewing your form.
12. Once again go back to Publishing tools and then on Forms Library
13. You can see your form there now.
14. Login to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Instance and go to Advertising Studio and then to Lead Capture. If this is not available in your org and then contact your Salesforce Account Executive and they might be able to help on this.
15. Click on “Create Lead Capture Task”. It will ask for your Facebook account credentials.
16. Select the Facebook Page you want to get your form from. Click Next.
17. Select the Form from which you want to get leads directly to your data extension
18. Select the field from your form which you want to be mapped to the subscriber key on Marketing Cloud.
19. Click on Submit and a lead capture task will be created for you which will bring the leads captured through your ad campaign directly into your DE on SFMC.
20. Data Extension will be created which you can access by going to contact builder. Name of DE will be same as your form name.